18 cheap or free half-term family activities
Half-term can be an expensive time. Making sure that the little darlings are constantly entertained means the pennies can really start to add up.
If you are looking for inspiration for free and low cost half-term activities, look no further! I’ve done the hard work for you and created a list of some of the best family activities that won’t break the bank.
Let me know if you have any other ideas I’d love to hear them.
1. Enter the School of Rock Lottery to be in with a chance of winning awesome seats at discounted prices! https://uk.schoolofrockthemusical.com/ticket-lottery/
2. Take a stroll round the Sunbury Walled Gardens – https://www.visitsurrey.com/things-to-do/sunbury-walled-gardens-p1519761
3. Explore the WWF Living Planet Centre – www.wwf.org.uk/get-involved/living-planet-centre/plan-your-visit
4. Climb Box Hill and then visit the stepping stones – www.nationaltrust.org.uk/box-hill
5. Pop along to the cinema for the morning with Vue Mini-Mornings tickets from £2.49 – https://www.myvue.com/offers/mini-mornings
6. British Museum – www.britishmuseum.org/
7. Houses of Parliament – www.parliament.uk/visiting/
8. Tate Modern – www.tate.org.uk
9. Greenwich Park – www.royalparks.org.uk/parks/greenwich-park
10. Museum of London – https://www.museumoflondon.org.uk/museum-london
11. Grab your cameras and explore the East London street art – https://www.visitlondon.com/things-to-do/openspace/street-art-london
12. Stroll through the amazing Borough Market – http://boroughmarket.org.uk/
13. Take a tour round Grayshott Pottery – www.grayshottpottery.com/tours/
14. Check out all the animals at Mudchute Farm and Park – www.mudchute.org/
15. Feed the Pelicans in St James Park – www.royalparks.org.uk/parks/st-jamess-park/things-to-see-and-do/wildlife/pelicans
16. Pop down to Garsons Farm to pick your own pumpkin! – https://www.garsons.co.uk/pyo-farm
17. Wander through Nonsuch Park – www.epsom-ewell.gov.uk/residents/venues-sport-and-leisure-facilities/nonsuch-park
18. Take a family walk through Surrey – Five of the best autumn walks in Surrey